Affiliate Marketing For Beginners – How Does Affiliate Marketing Work? NEW 2016
What is affiliate marketing and how does it really work
Affiliate marketing is a web-based system where you as an affiliate get paid for referring sales and customers to another business. There are many different ways you can earn money from being an affiliate marketer including commission based affiliate programs and AdSense. Let’s take a look at a couple of fictional examples here’s;
- For Commission based affiliate programs.
Jeff has a website full of dog training advice on the side of his pages he’s placed an ad for a dog training eBook if any of the visitors click on his ad and buy the e-book from the merchants website Jeff receives 75 percent of the price of the book as commission for sending that visitor to the merchant.
- and here’s another one Marni runs a very popular newsletter for people who want to learn yoga she regularly sends out lessons and tips to her list members and occasionally she promotes products that offer up affiliate commissions when somebody from her news little list clicks on a link in one of her emails and buys one of the various products she’s promoting simply she earns a percentage of the product price.
- okay and here’s an AdSense example Tara has a health supplements website containing lots of useful information about various health supplements by pasting small segments of code onto her website she gets ads relevant to the content automatically showing up on the side of her page and she can earn money every time a visitor to her site simply clicks on one of these ads even if they don’t end up buying from the merchants simply a pay-per-click type scenario.
alright affiliate marketing can be a very lucrative business. There are a huge number of affiliates earning full-time incomes from affiliate marketing, and a lot of affiliates doing considerably more than that. affiliate marketing is pay-for-performance you only earn money as an affiliate if you’re producing results for the merchant of a product or network such as Google, whether its sales clicks or registrations. Affiliate marketing is big business, affiliates worldwide collectively earn billions of dollars each year. One report estimated that affiliates in the UK alone earned over two billion dollars within that there were affiliates turning over millions of dollars a year. Affiliates who scraped by earning $20 a week and literally everything in between affiliate marketing is a long-established business model. Affiliate marketing has been around since people realized the internet could be used for commerce. One of the earliest big affiliate programs were started by amazon.com and 1996 although just quietly their Commissions are really anything to write home about affiliate marketing is. And well obviously internet-based you can promote yourself or your website using offline methods but when it comes to earning Commission’s all the tracking and processing is done through the internet. There’s no door to door selling. affiliate marketing is open to anyone you don’t need any special credentials to be an affiliate since affiliate marketing is pay-for-performance most affiliate programs are open to anyone whether you’re experienced or a complete novice. You also don’t need to be a computer genius to be a successful affiliate. Everyone goes through the same learning process it just comes down to whether you can fight your way through to the other side.
Now that we’ve seen what affiliate marketing is let’s have a look at what affiliate marketing is not. Okay affiliate marketing is not creating and selling your own product. Affiliate marketing is not earning 14,000 dollars overnight just by uploading this one website and script. Well pardon me if I do rent a little here but in case you hadn’t noticed walking into the work from home make money online market this is like diving into shark-infested waters. there are tons of websites out there that will tell you that they have the secret formula they can tell you the secrets that the experts don’t want you to know they can give you all the information that you need to start your lifestyle of cars and boats and houses and wads of cash stacked on the table and they can back it all up with screens and screens of testimonials and very satisfied and very rich customers they’ll deliver you the world an absolute bargain price. the reality is here’s the scoop here’s the information that the experts really don’t actually want you to know and I’m going to give it to you for free there are no magic overnight success formulas sure there are people doing very well out of affiliate marketing but you know what they’ve been working hard for a long time and they’ve made some good decisions and they deserve every success. Sure there are campaigns that might turn over huge amounts of money in one day but again they will have been planned for months in advance by very clever people with a lot of experience and making lots of money. The reality of affiliate marketing is that you need to spend time learning the ropes and then you need to spend the time implementing what you’ve learned. You need to make a lot of mistakes and spend a lot of time anguishing over why you’re making those sales then you will start making a few sales and simply it will grow from there. There are people and websites that can give you help along the way well like me but no one has the ultimate definitive solution. There are occasionally good pieces of software developed which can also speed things up but there’s nothing that will automate everything for you. You still need to know what you’re doing and you still need to do the work. basically the gold rush days where you could just rock into Affiliate town one day and strike it rich the next a steadily diminishing if well if not gone all together. Anyone who tells you differently, well this is obviously selling something.
Okay the next thing we’re going to look at is something that I’ve summed up which is what I believe to be the
10 best reasons that you should become an affiliate
Okay in no particular order reason number
- You get to be your own boss, you create your own opportunities, simply you choose how much you wish to earn and work accordingly. You choose to do things that interest you take holidays when you need them, spend more time with your family. If you’re in a job that actually isn’t really going anywhere for you then let me say that you can go as far as you like with affiliate marketing if you’re prepared to do the work. And with this freedom comes responsibility but for most affiliates the benefits far outweigh the negatives reason.
- No risk, it costs very little to get started as an affiliate. In all seriousness you can become an affiliate and start earning commissions without spending a dime. Most affiliates however will make an initial investment for some web hosting and a domain name for their first website. Hosting generally sets you back between three and ten dollars a month and a domain name is about ten dollars a year. Joining affiliate programs though is free. There are lots of ways to promote your website being listed in the natural search listings on the search engines as free. generally you’ll end up spinning money when you want to save time you’ll keep your spinning out to a minimum if you’re the patient type and you’re happy to do the tedious tasks yourself. This can actually even be a good thing to do with your first website. So you learn how it all works.
- Anyone can become an affiliate marketing is extremely democratic. You’ll find affiliates of all ages and all different countries with all sorts of backgrounds. All you need to get started is internet access and you can operate from any country. Although some countries are restricted from certain networks and payment providers. But there are usually ways around them you don’t need to be an expert web designer writer or marketing guru. But these things will give you a slight head start but for the most part affiliates, all start at the same level and just learn by doing.
- There are many different affiliate programs you can promote. There are hundreds of different markets you can promote to. And lots of different methods for promoting products. In fact one of the biggest problems striking new affiliates is too much .
- You don’t need to invest in building your own product. This falls under the no risk category as well. But someone creating their own product needs to be very thorough with the market research beforehand to be sure that they’re creating something that actually sells. They get it wrong it can mean tens of thousands of dollars in product development wasted. Affiliates don’t have so much risk as they’re only promoting products and they can change products at any time.
- This follows on perfectly you don’t need to focus solely on one topic. In fact affiliates who are earning large amounts typically have a number of separate websites promoting different products across a variety of markets at any given time. Simply they don’t have all their eggs in one basket.
- You’re not tied to any particular product. If a product isn’t performing or if you see a different product you’d like to promote that can be as easy as changing the links on your website. You can try lots of different products and see which ones work for you.
- You don’t need to be concerned with delivery or payments. This stuff can be a real nightmare but the brilliant thing is this is all handled by the merchants or the merchants payment processor.
- There is actually a lot of money to be made. As I said before affiliate marketing is a huge business and it doesn’t look like it’s going to be going away anytime soon.
- Affiliate marketing can be a relatively passive income freeing you to spend more time doing the things you like. yes it does take time to get started but once you’re earning enough you’ll be able to do what any decent business manager does, There is a huge wealth of freelance talent on the internet these days and you can easily outsource all but the most vital tasks.
alright let’s have a look at the lesson summary in this lesson we’ve learned that
- Affiliate marketing is a web-based system where you get paid for referring sales or customers to another business.
- There are lots of different ways of being an affiliate.
- Affiliate marketing has been around for many years and as a business many large companies promote their products through affiliate programs.
- Affiliates earn billions and billions of dollars in commissions each year.
- Affiliate marketing is low-risk it costs very little to get started as an affiliate.
- You’re not burdened with the risks and responsibilities associated with building your own product.
- There are huge opportunities in affiliate marketing there are thousands of markets and products you can promote and lots of different methods you can try to promote them.
- Succeeding as an affiliate does take time and effort.
- There is a learning curve and most successful affiliates have had a number of embarrassing failures under their belts before they started doing well but the rewards are worth it.